Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Donations

Thus far my efforts have basically started since the very beginning, I'm order Dengeki Daioh from Japan every month so I can scanlate the new chapter as soon as possible for the many fans of the series. I do this through Amazon.co.jp, which offers fast, international service. The magazine plus shipping, however, is ~$46 USD. I've been able to handle it thus far and will try to handle it to the best of my ability in later months, but some monetary help would be nice. I have added a Donate button to the top of the blog (if you haven't noticed), any money that is donated will go directly to ordering the magazine from Japan every month. This would help me greatly and ensure that we all get the newest chapters of Gunslinger Girl as quickly as possible. Thanks for reading and following this great series.

8 comments:

  1. Happy to contribute to the fund. Thanks again for mail ordering the magazine and for taking the time to translate it into English.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Cracks knuckles*

    I've been waiting to hit that "donate" button for ages, and now I can do it without sliding money under the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know when I'll have money to spare, but I'm grateful to you for translating this awesome series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to see that someone is doing the recent chapters of Gunslinger; you are doing a good job. Do you know if anyone is doing the new Ichigo Mashimaro? I haven't seen any of the new chapters in English (though it isn't as good as it used to be). I have the RAW scans: I would translate them, but I’m not very good.

    Once again, good job, I will send a small donation to help next time I put money in my Paypal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What RAWs of Ichigo Mashimaro do you have up to? I have all the recent raws, too, and can scan new ones as they become available. I saw Volume 6 was fully translated so I assumed it already had a translation team for it. I could certainly pick off where they left off, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to check what else I have, but here are some of the 2011 scans that I have.

    http://www.zshare.net/download/93022341dd79f9a3/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those raws are in Chinese. Luckily, I have the chapters that have been released since Volume 6 in 2009 (Barasui skips many months). Is there an IM community out there?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must have uploaded the wrong ones, I have set in different languages (I have not seen English of these yet). The last English I have seen was the "Slightly Prim and Proper Girl" by Toniglobe, which I think was at the end of 2010.

    ReplyDelete